September 27, 2014 Jordan Creek Town Center lake area
101 Jordan Creek Parkway (lake area) West Des Moines, IA
Walk to End Lupus Now™ events are conducted nationwide by the Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) and its national network to raise money for lupus research, increase awareness of lupus, and rally public support for those who suffer from its brutal impact. Each year, thousands of people across the country join forces with the LFA and walk with one unified purpose--to end lupus.
Lupus is one of the cruelest, most mysterious diseases on earth--it strikes without warning, has unpredictable, sometimes fatal effects, and has no known cause and no known cure.
People like you are now becoming aware of how urgently resources are needed to fight lupus, and to help those who suffer from it. If you join the fight, we will not have to concede victory to this terrible disease. If you join the fight, we will be able to solve the cruel mystery of lupus in our lifetime and end its devastating impact on millions of lives.
Join the Fight for our 8th annual Walk to End Lupus Now™. New for 2014, bring your four-legged family members, DOGS are welcome!
1. Register - Start a team, join a team, sign-up as an individual, or become a Virtual Walker.
2. Set a fundraising goal for yourself, or your team . We suggest a $100 minimum for each individual because individuals raising $100 or more earn prizes for their efforts.
3. Raise money - Set up your personal fundraising page and share your story. Fundraising is critical to the success of LFA funded research and support services.
4. Spread the word - Achieve your fundraising goal by sending personalized e-mails to your friends and family asking for their support. If you don't ask, they can't say yes.
5. Walk - Come together with all people who are supporting this event and celebrate all the hard work in raising essential funds and spreading awareness of lupus.
There is no registration fee required to participate in the Walk so we strongly encourage donations and fundraising to show your support!
MATCHING CORPORATE GIFTS:
Check with your employer's Human Resources department to inquire if they have a matching gifts program. It's an easy way to sometimes double your efforts!
Donations can also be mailed to the chapter office:
P.O. Box 13174
Des Moines, IA 50310
9:00 am: Registration begins / sign in for pre-registered walkers 10:00 am: Walk begins!